Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Venue Hunt: Sitio de Amor


Sitio de Amor is a multi-hectare farm resort in San Pablo, Laguna lovingly designed and built by owners Jorge and Amor. We haven’t been to the farm but I am so rooting for the treehouse and infinity pool I saw on their website.

Photo credits to Sitio de Amor's website

Photo credits to Sitio de Amor's website
The place has a well-manicured lawn. I can already picture the arrangement for the ceremony on a cool December afternoon, just a few moments before sunset. Or an early dinner affair around this infinity pool.

And then, there’s this pavilion with wooden tables and chairs that will just be perfect for the picnic theme reception that we are planning to pursue.
Photo credits to Sitio de Amor's website

Photo credits to Sitio de Amor's website
I am not sure if I mentioned it previously but I prefer benches over Tiffany chairs. This set-up is just perfect for what I have in mind.
Photo credits to Sitio de Amor's website
Package:
When I inquired about the rates, my heart sank… P60,000 for venue alone. Plus out of town fee of suppliers, our transportation cost, accommodation and food expenses. That seems like P100,000 additional for all these. I don’t think I am willing to spend that much. The guests may not also be amenable to traveling all the way to San Pablo. Sigh… Another sigh… 


Rye's Thoughts
Too far and too pricey. He did like the pavilion though.

My Thoughts
I so want something like this... But I am not willing to let go of an additional P100K for the venue... I wish Manila is hiding a gem like this. I definitely need to continue searching for venues.

Verdict:
Mrs. Amor seemed like a sweet lady as we spoke over the phone but at this point it wouldn’t be wise to spend so much on venue alone. We might try visiting the place for a short vacation though.

4 comments:

  1. We are also searching for venues like this.. and your 'thoughts' have helped us a lot in making a decision!.. thank u!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to be of help! I'll be posting two more picnic venues we discovered so please do visit my blog again soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    this is Amor of Sitio. Thank you for liking my place. Cost for out of town wedding destination do add up and practical me I would put my savings for a house down payment instead. But then, there is the dream wedding.

    The reason I prefer venue rental only so couples can do their bargain hunting with other service providers. Source caterer, flowers, photographers locally, cheaper and no more out of town surcharge.

    opt for a small wedding. Early morning is ideal, guests need not get hotel rooms and we are prettier in

    ReplyDelete