Thursday, October 2, 2014

Food Tasting Adventures

Our search for our wedding caterer has officially begun. Yey!

For weeks now, I have been searching the internet and there are just a lot (as in a lot) of caterers to choose from. I haven't seriously considered making our list due to the overwhelming choices. However, when budget is a major concern, the options suddenly become less. But if there is one thing Rye and I are willing to spend on, it is food, because I loooove food, good food. Who doesn't? Our guests will be no different. So, a good caterer is a must, at reasonable rates, of course.

I do like Passion Cooks and Purpledish and I've read a lot of good reviews about them. However, rates for PC begin at P850 per head while PD starts at P1,000 per head. Steep... Aside from the superb food and great service, both already includes basic styling of the venue and there are a lot of freebies, which means savings for the couple. Still, the contract price will be way over our budget. Sad... Despite that, I still plan to meet with them. Who knows what promos we can avail of, right?

And since the search has begun, I have booked Rye and I for a series of food tasting. For just this month, we are already registered in four food tasting events!

Here's a rundown of our sked:
October 4 - Purpledish Group Tasting happening at Black Kitchen @ 4pm, P500 fee per couple plus an additional P500 per head if you bring others with you. You get free food tasting for two once you've booked them.

October 5 - Tasteful Tasting Year 2 happening at the Elements in Centris @ 11am - 3pm. This event is free but on a first come, first serve basis. You can even bring a companion, no fee as well. There will be a number of caterers and wedding cake artists so this is such a great opportunity to shop for our potential caterer. I intend to come early to maximize the event.

October 12 - Big Banquet 2 happening at the Blue Leaf Paranaque @ 11am. Fee is P800/couple or P500 if you go alone. This is also a major food tasting event as 9 caterers will be featured. The first Big Banquet was held last May and was a huge hit. I believe the P800 fee will be all worth it.

October 18 - Shekinah Food Tasting happening at the Fernwoods Garden @ 11am. Our AE Hazel invited me and Rye for free. I am looking forward to this one since I like their portfolio. There aren't a lot of reviews about them but they look promising so I asked them for an initial quotation. The rates are above our budget but we can always try negotiating if ever we like their food and set up.

So, there! Four events in just 3 weekends. Food tasting galore! Sorry, I'm just excited! Plus, I really want to slash this major item off our checklist. Besides, booking early may allow us to lock in 2014 rates. I am feeling giddy right now just thinking about all the yummy delights we will enjoy. I'll surely keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment